SMART CITIES CONFERENCE
15.00 - 17.00 | Tuesday 16 May - Open Speech
- 15:00 – 15:15 | Introduction
- 15:15 – 16:00 | Pieter Ballon - Director imec-smit, VUB - Scientific Lead Living Labs, imec
- DBFME: During the realization of (smart cities) projects, the government will rely on public-private partnerships. Here taking account of the ESR-neutral. ESR-neutral investments, are public investment that don’t have an impact on the budgetary outcome and the public debt of the government concerned. In such a partnership the private partner is also involved in the realization of government objectives.
The private partner will be responsible for the design (Design), construction (Build), finance (Finance), maintenance (Maintain) and operation (Exploit) of the entire project.
- Smart applications: How smart applications can ensure that the commercial centers of the cities are reinforced and how they can compete with e-commerce.
- 16:00 – 16:45 | Marijke Van Hees
- Smart Cities On The Move: Big cities as drivers of innovation in Europe
- Companies as partners: PPS & DBFME
- Den Haag as a smart city and living lab for innovation in retail
- Benelux: The motive behind the vital retail
- 16:45 – 17:00 | Q&A
The presentation will be held in Dutch